Yahoo – Web Core TeamSenior Principal Engineer | 5/17 – Present
Lead the core team responsible for delivering a highly performance, scalable and resilient web framework on Node.js for all Verizon Media web properties. I built a distributed fan out application architecture which relied on a frontend micro-framework module servers capable of scaling across all Verizon Media web properties.
Built state of the art web documentation site to help engineers find all web information in one place. Documentation included tutorials, videos and detailed examples. Mentored junior engineers on best practices and areas of improvement to help level up their career paths.
- Node.js / Express on the server, Marko for page stitching
- ReactJS for module rendering
- TypeScript for all JS related functionality (server & client)
- Atomic CSS for performance styling across applications
- Jest for unit testing, WebDriver.IO for end to end testing
Yahoo – Web Platform TeamSenior Principal Engineer | 6/16 – 5/17
Lead the team responsible for building a universal React/Flux architecture across various properties and sites. Mentored junior engineers with documentation, videos, workshops and code reviews.
- Open sourced the universal flux framework, Fluxible
- Built universal flux framework with React.js
- Full stack architect across browser and Node.js
- Mocha and Protractor for unit and functional testing
- Eslint to maintain code quality across code bases
Yahoo! – Media Foundation TeamPrincipal Engineer | 1/10 – 6/15
Helping to develop Yahoo!’s next generation front-end system. Working with teams across the globe to deliver a state of the art code base that meets international and accessibility standards.
Mentored high potential engineers to grow influence and take on leaderships roles.
Lead software engineers towards a unified, test driven framework.
Yahoo! – NewsSenior Software Application Engineer | 1/06 – 12/09
Worked on the Yahoo News team to create complex dynamic web applications for over 45 million users that viewed our web pages per month. Developed News code base to enhance user accessibility and site performance. Developed robust applications that could be used across properties. Created side projects that included two portable news badges and a simple submit image uploader tool. Mentored fellow team members to ensure a smooth transition into News development.
- Hand-coded PHP object oriented code.
- Developed the News website to adhere to latest Accessibility standards.
- Massaged codebase to use latest Search Engine Optimization techniques.
- Optimized markup to improve page performance and faster response times for users.
- Collaborated with Designers and Product Managers to ensure projects were completed on time.
AudioMIDI.comWeb Applications Developer / Assistant Systems Administrator | 9/04 – 12/05
- Hand-coded Coldfusion MX and SQL Server 2000 scripts to create and maintain webpage’s for audioMIDI.com.
- Applied Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 to edit XHTML 1.0 and CSS web application code.
- Created live streaming webcasts using Flash MX 2004 Professional and Flash Communication Server technology.
- Designed visually appealing graphics in Photoshop CS for use in print advertising.
- Investigated, identified, and resolved technical issues surrounding Windows 2000 and XP Professional, Windows Small Business Server 2003, MS Office, MS Outlook 2003, TCP/IP, and hardware/peripherals.
- Daily tasks included monitoring System Backup, troubleshooting user issues, and installing necessary system upgrades.
Westfield State University
Bachelor of Science Computer Science, May 2004
Deans List 2003, 2004
- Computer Organization & Architecture
- Data Structures & Algorithm Analysis
- Database Management
- Digital Electronics
- Digital Media Production
- Discrete Structures
- Elements of Systems Programming
- Operating Systems
- Organization of Programming Languages
- Theory of Computation