Yahoo! Media Foundation Team
Lead Senior Software Application Engineer | Sunnyvale, CA : 1/10 – Present
Helping to develop Yahoo!’s next generation front-end system. Working with teams across the globe to deliver a state of the art code base that meets international and accessibility standards.
Mentor high potential engineers to grow influence and take on leaderships roles.
Leading software engineers towards a unified, test driven framework.
Lead Software Application Engineer | Santa Monica, CA : 1/06 – 12/09
Worked on the Yahoo News team to create complex dynamic web applications for over 45 million users that viewed our web pages per month. Developed News code base to enhance user accessibility and site performance. Developed robust applications that could be used across properties. Created side projects that included two portable news badges and a simple submit image uploader tool. Mentored fellow team members to ensure a smooth transition into News development.
- Hand-coded PHP object oriented code.
- Developed the News website to adhere to latest Accessibility standards.
- Massaged codebase to use latest Search Engine Optimization techniques.
- Optimized markup to improve page performance and faster response times for users.
- Collaborated with Designers and Product Managers to ensure projects were completed on time.
Web Applications Developer / Assistant Systems Administrator | Chatsworth, CA : 9/04 – 12/05
- Hand-coded Coldfusion MX and SQL Server 2000 scripts to create and maintain webpage’s for audioMIDI.com.
- Applied Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 to edit XHTML 1.0 and CSS web application code.
- Created live streaming webcasts using Flash MX 2004 Professional and Flash Communication Server technology.
- Designed visually appealing graphics in Photoshop CS for use in print advertising.
- Investigated, identified, and resolved technical issues surrounding Windows 2000 and XP Professional, Windows Small Business Server 2003, MS Office, MS Outlook 2003, TCP/IP, and hardware/peripherals.
- Daily tasks included monitoring System Backup, troubleshooting user issues, and installing necessary system upgrades.